What: It is a small portable ECG (electrocardiogram) machine that can investigate and record the rhythm of your heart, which can potentially explain your symptoms such as dizziness or palpitations.
How: It can record your heart rhythm for 24 to 48hrs while you carry on your daily activities. During the 24 to 48hrs of holter monitoring, remember to:
- Please continue your daily activities except showering.
- Take your medications as instructed by your cardiologist, note the name of medications that u take against the time.
- Document any symptoms (eg chest pain, shortness of breath) that u experience and also the time that they occur.
- Document your activities and the time that you engage in them.
- Do not shower, bathe or engage in rigorous activites while you are wearing your monitor.
- Do not come in contact with magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) systems.